Volunteering has always been an important part of the way of life in Canada. By volunteering, you can meet people, try something new, contribute to your community, learn new things, have fun and build your resume.
How can you help?
Do you want to join our team? Great! There are many ways to get involved:
- Help with the rink
- Deliver the newsletter for your street
- Help with special events
- Coach a sport
- Supervise or teach a program
- Join the Board
What positions are on the Board?
- Member-at-Large — A great way to meet the other volunteers and learn more about the Community Association without taking on a specific role
- Coordinators (to help with the rink, programs, soccer, website, special events, newsletter, Facebook, etc.)
- Executive (e.g. President, Vice-President, Secretary and Treasurer)
Time commitment varies depending on what you help with. A requirement for all positions is community pride and a love for people! Training and support are available. Fun guaranteed!
What do we need help with right now?
(This section last updated: December 2019)
Right now, we have a President, Secretary and Treasurer, and extra helpers for things like the rink and programs. We need more volunteers in order to keep going! Do any of these current openings interest you?
- PROGRAMS – You could focus on Children/Youth or Adults, or both. This position needs creativity as well as good customer service skills and organizational skills. Training and support provided.
- NEWSLETTER – We do at least one community newsletter a year, and usually two flyers for the schools. Are you creative, and a good communicator? Give it a try!
- WEBSITE & FACEBOOK – Help keep your community informed — update our Website (training provided) and Facebook! Good customer service skills required.
- SPECIAL EVENTS – A great way to bring the whole community together, and create shared memories!
- THE RINK – Extra hands always needed!
- MEMBER-at-LARGE – A great way to join the team — meet people, come to monthly meetings, and help extra when you can
How do you get started?
The best way to get started is to come to one of the monthly Board Meetings to meet us and learn more about what the Association does. If you are interested in joining after that, you can volunteer for something specific, or put your name forward as a Member-at-Large.
We meet the 1st Monday of every month (unless that is a holiday) at 6:30 pm at Confederation Park School (Staff Room or Library). We take July & August off.
Before dropping in to a meeting, we recommend that you send us a quick e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) to let us know you want to drop by, just in case the date/location of the meeting has changed.
We look forward to meeting you, neighbour!