Did you know? Our Community Association owns and runs the community rink in Parc Canada, behind Bishop Roborecki School (24 Pearson Place).
COVID-19 Response: Outdoor Rinks
Times are subject to change due to unforeseen circumstances
Community Association Outdoor rinks will open as they are able, in full compliance with the guidelines and restrictions as required by the Chief Medical Health Officer and regulated under the Government of Saskatchewan’s Re-open Saskatchewan plan:
Know Before You Go
- Stay home if you are sick and experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms.
- Always stay 2 meters apart from those not in your group and 3 metres apart when participating in physical activity.
- Non-medical face masks are not required in outdoor public settings or while participating in physical activity but are recommended wherever you cannot maintain 2 metres (6 feet) of physical distance in public areas and 3 metres while participating in physical activity.
- The number of people on the rink at once must not exceed the restrictions on public gatherings
- Sanitize your hands before and after using the rink.
- Sunflower seeds, spitting and chewing tobacco are not permitted.
- If the rink is busy, come back when it is not as busy, or go to another rink.
- Any kind of organized or pick-up hockey during designated public skating times is not permitted on outdoor rinks.
- During unsupervised skate times, use the rink at your own risk.
- Most outdoor rinks will not have skate change or warm up facilities available.
- Most outdoor rinks will not have washrooms available.
As per the Public Health Order issued .
- Team sports such as hockey are not permitted including competitions and games for all amateur and recreational leagues. Group training for individual athletic events such as figure skating and speed skating is not permitted.
- Individuals 18 year of age or under may continue conditioning and skills training in groups not exceeding 8 individuals so long as 3-meter distancing between all individuals is maintained. If 3-metre distancing cannot be maintained, then non-medical masks must be worn
Interested in joining the rink crew? We are always looking for volunteers to help with the rink.
Talk to a rink volunteer onsite, or send us an e-mail at email@example.com for more information. We always welcome new helpers with the rink crew!
The rink rules…
- Wear the gear! Helmets and other protective equipment prevent injuries.
- Skate at your own risk.
- The use of the rink is free all we ask is bring a shovel if a minor clean up is required your help is appreciated.
- The rink is closed when the lights go out.
- Please be respectful of other people using the rink. Thank you!
Play safe, and have fun!